RN: Neuro Stroke (Full Time/Day & Evening Shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health - Penn Medicine
Posted on: May 13, 2022
SummaryJob DescriptionHours: 0.9 Day/Evening with
weekend/holiday rotation POSITION SUMMARY: Assume responsibility
and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association
standards of nursing practice ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified
individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and
values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the
health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic,
psychological, and cognitive functions. - Evaluates progress toward
attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on
recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive
data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation. -
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
issues. - Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically
sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates
patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively
communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and
supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values
of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and
intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is
carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established
outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated
utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of
nursing practices. - Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and
impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing
services. JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
During the COVID Pandemic, new graduates will be permitted to start
employment with a Temporary Practice Permit issued by the PA Board
of Nursing. -
- New hires who start their employment with a temporary practice
permit must sit for their NCLEX within 60 days of starting in their
- If and when testing centers are re-opened, we will revert back
to our prior policy of no longer accepting nurses with temporary
- A graduate registered nurse may only practice professional
nursing under supervision and if the graduate registered nurse
holds a current temporary practice permit. Supervision means that a
licensed registered nurse is physically present in the area or unit
where the graduate registered nurse is practicing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. - For Magnet
designated RN positions, BSN or higher level nursing degree is
required for incumbents based upon previously established
parameters; or within two (2) years of placement in position for
incumbents who started after 07/01/2020.
- If applicable, New Graduate RNs will be required to
successfully complete the Nurse Residency Program.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life
Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for
CPR are not accepted).
- -A health care provider in good standing with Medicare,
Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs,
i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any
other federal or state health insurance program. PREFERRED
- As outlined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. - It is
intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements
essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job
evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. - The
percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and
should not be considered absolute. - The incumbent shall perform
all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined
at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend,
modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. - Incumbent must
be able to perform all job functions safely. #LIMD1 Benefits At A
Glance: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH -offers the
following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes Disclaimer PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH -is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be
filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law. Search Firm Representatives please
read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH -is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice,
all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH -via-email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General
Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in
place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH -as a result of the referral or through other means.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health - Penn Medicine, Lancaster , RN: Neuro Stroke (Full Time/Day & Evening Shift), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!