Phlebotomy Technician - Inpatient (Full Time/Evening Shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Summary Job Description POSITION SUMMARY: Phlebotomist are vital
in the production of clinical laboratory results. It is their
responsibility to obtain quality blood specimens which play a
crucial role in the majority of clinical decisions. In addition to
a knowledge of anatomy, blood collection techniques and proper
infection control procedures, phlebotomists must have strong
communication and interpersonal skills reflecting the utmost
professionalismLOCATION: Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster
PAHOURS: Full time (40 hours a week), Day shift, Full Time 40 hours
a week. (1.0 FTE) 12:30 pm - 11:00 pm Wednesday, Saturday
holiday/On-call rotation, training would occur during first 6-8
weeks from 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm M-F1,000 SIGN ON BONUS (External
applicants only) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must
have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to
perform the following duties:Phlebotomy
- In a hospital inpatient setting, performs venipuncture and
capillary puncture blood collection according to laboratory
policies, procedures, and regulatory standards. This includes
Intensive Care Units, Medical Nursing Units, Emergency Department,
and Trauma Bay.
- Optimizes patient care by providing timely and accurate
collection of blood specimens on both pediatric and adult
- Maintains patient safety by accurately identifying patients and
associating the collected sample with the patient.
- Follows all proper organizational Infection Control procedures
and isolation protocols, including but not limited to Airborne,
Droplet, and Contact Isolation
- Uses technology such as computer applications to organize and
facilitate efficient patient care.
- Works continually within multidisciplinary teams. This includes
but is not limited to response to code situations (patient
requiring resuscitative efforts) such as Trauma, Stroke,
Hemodynamic Stability, and Cardiac events.
- Performs blood collection in environments of extreme stress and
difficult emotional situations with proficiency.
- Navigate and mitigate work within a hazardous environment
utilizing critical thinking and situational awareness.
- Carries out lab testing at the bedside with point of care
testing devices including performance, evaluation, and trouble
shooting of quality control on bedside analyzers.
- Provide compassionate care in a professional manner.SECONDARY
FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the
primary duties listed above:
- Additional clinical procedures including but not limited to:
EKG, holter monitors, 24 hr Blood pressure or vital signs.
- Other duties as assigned. JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous phlebotomy or registration experience. Training will
be provided upon hire.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record)
- Experience in a health care setting.
- Customer care experience. Disclaimer: This job description is
not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions
associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those
principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for
making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance
standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are
estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent
shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall
be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the
right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole.
Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
#CBBenefits At A Glance:PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH
offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness ClassesDisclaimerPENN MEDICINE LANCASTER
GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on
qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.Search Firm Representatives please
read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice,
all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General
Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in
place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and no fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.LGH Full
Time Posted on 04/11/2022
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Phlebotomy Technician - Inpatient (Full Time/Evening Shift), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!