Physician - Pediatrics - Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health - Pediatrician Opportunity
Company: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Roseville Pediatrics, the -- Outpatient Pediatric Practice for
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians is seeking a
BE/BC -- physician to provide high level and patient-centered care
in the discipline of Pediatric Medicine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability
(with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
- Prescribe and administer treatment, therapy, medication,
vaccinations, and other specialized medical care to treat and
prevent illness, disease, and injury in infants and children up to
seventeen years of age.
- Consults with patients and parents/legal guardians to determine
the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or
help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication
- Examines patient regularly to assess growth and development,
both mentally and physically.
- Explain procedures and test results to patients and parents
and/or legal guardians.
- Advise parents and/or legal guardians concerning the diet,
activity, hygiene, and disease prevention for the minor
- Monitor patient conditions and progress and reevaluate as
- Refer patient to a medical specialist when appropriate.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary
to the primary duties listed above:
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner
that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed
among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and
staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes required
certification examinations to maintain re-certification
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the
Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics or Board
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine
or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Residency.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine as a Pediatric
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare,
Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs,
i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any
other federal or state health insurance program.
- At least three (3) years clinical patient care experience as a
specialist in Pediatrics.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Osteopath, Location: Lancaster, PA -
Keywords: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Physician - Pediatrics - Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health - Pediatrician Opportunity, Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!