Director of Nursing (RN)
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Director of Nursing (RN) at Acadia Healthcare Job DescriptionThe
Director of Nursing for Rebound Behavioral Health is instrumental
in creating an empowering and professional environment. The
Director of Nursing is a visionary for the department and how the
department integrates into the entire organization. The Director of
Nursing must lead and engage employees to provide optimal patient
care and achieve the goals of the organization.BENEFITSRebound
Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive package of benefits for
our employees.--Current benefits include:
- Competitive salary and bonus eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the
industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national
family of hospitals and facilitiesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Sets the vision for nursing practice in the delivery of safe,
timely, efficient, equitable and patient-centered care.
- Manage the daily operations of nursing services.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary treatment teams, other
departments and administration to ensure that all patients'
physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs
are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to
resolve customer complaints.
- Ensure nursing services are provided in compliance with the
laws and regulations of federal, state and local governmental
agencies. Standards are met for accrediting agencies.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team and on committees as
- Integrate nursing functions with clinical and programs,
ensuring efficient and effective operations.
- Provide leadership to assure compliance with local, state, and
federal regulations, as well as nursing practice standards.
Recognizes that patient safety is a top priority.
- Anticipates and effectively manage changes in census and acuity
and allocates nursing resources based on measurement of patient
- Role models expectations related to customer service and
demonstrate a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient
- Evaluate service needs and staffing requirements to ensure the
needs of patients are met
- Provide effective and efficient budget management that ensures
the best utilization of resources.
- Provide staff management to include hiring, development,
training, performance management and communication to ensure
effective and efficient department operation.
- Develop and implement health care related training that assures
the best possible delivery of health-related supports and services.
Review training at least annually and makes modifications as
- Develop and maintain documentation systems for continuity of
care and record storage that assures compliance with local, state
and federal regulations, as well as facility policies and
- Monitor unit/floor functioning by making frequent rounds.
- Intervene in crisis situations and investigate incidents.
- Develop and implement tools to measure, assess and improve the
quality of nursing care, treatment, and service.
- Actively participate in strategic planning and budget
- Oversee nursing services documentation to ensure it meets all
- Assist with direct care as needed.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree highly
- Must be Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of South
- 5+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- 3 years of management or leadership experience as a nurse
- Previous experience with addiction or psychiatric care highly
preferred; MAT experience a plus
- Knowledge and previous experience with Joint Commission
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Acadia Healthcare's behavioral health treatment facilities are
specialized in helping children, adolescents, adults, and seniors
suffering from mental health disorders and/or alcohol and drug
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Lancaster , Director of Nursing (RN), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!