Clinical Assistant - The Heart Group (Full-time; 80 hours/2weeks; Monday-Friday)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: March 22, 2020
CompanyThe Heart Group Of LG HealthCost Center1410 General
CardiologySupervisory OrganizationHeart Group- Nursing
SupportGradeG06SummaryATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are
an external applicant, you may need to complete an online
assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be
sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application.
Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail
in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within
5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the
assessment, please click HERE.HOURS: Monday-Friday; No weekends and
no holidays; Must be available to work between the hours of
7:30am-6:00pm.POSITION SUMMARY: To provide clinical support
services to patients in a providers office under the supervisor and
direction of a provider and/or licensed nurse. Patient care
includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (8
to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years),
and geriatric (over 64 years).ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified
individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Greets and shows patients to exam rooms and prepares patient
for visit with provider following established rooming
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient to obtain
pertinent medical information per department protocol. Accurately
documents medical and social history and purpose of visit in the
- Prepares patients for exam by measuring vital signs, such as
pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and
accurately records information in patient chart.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor
surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.
- Performs various tests and procedures upon the request of the
provider including but not limited to hearing tests, EKGs,
breathing treatments, vision screenings, phlebotomy, suture removal
and collecting lab specimens.
- Performs various front office responsibilities including but
not limited to scheduling, registration, check in, check out and
monitoring work queues.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after
each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and
equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring
preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and
transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to
improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Provides assistance to patients when entering and exiting the
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive
influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors,
and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors, and
colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service
a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner
according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality
policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Lancaster General Health policies and
procedures.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered
secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs various front office responsibilities as
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A Medical Assistant degree or certificate, certification as a
Certified Nursing Assistant or previous work experience as a
Patient Care Assistant or Medical Assistant.PREFERRED
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical experience in a physicians
office.Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, at
http://lancastergeneralhealth.org/LGH/ a member of the University
of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), at
https://www.pennmedicine.org/ is a 631-licensed bed not-for-profit
health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing
Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital and the
Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (in partnership with Kindred
Healthcare) . Our membership in Penn Medicine brings together the
strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical
center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community
healthcare system.Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown
Outpatient and Suburban Outpatient Pavilions, along with additional
outpatient centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout
the region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of
more than 300 primary-care and specialty physicians, at more than
40 offices throughout the region . Pennsylvania College of Health
Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited
four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate
degree and certification programs in healthcare.A four time
designated Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, Penn Medicine
Lancaster General Health has been recognized regionally and
nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety; and ranked
nationally by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nations best
hospitals in 2015-16 in three specialties. It is also one of only
seven hospitals in the country with all of the following
distinctions:5 Star Rating on Medicare.gov Hospital
CompareHealthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals 2017 at
Hospital Safety Grade AUS News List of High Performing Hospitals at
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Clinical Assistant - The Heart Group (Full-time; 80 hours/2weeks; Monday-Friday), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!