Associate Program Manager
Company: ultra electronics herley
Posted on: October 12, 2019
POSITION: Associate Program Manager
JOB ID: 238
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Apply for this Position
Reporting to Programs, this position will assist in the planning,
coordination and directing work activities associated with
proposals, contract negotiation, project development, production
and support of programs as assigned. This position requires the
ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance to the level
* Assists in the initiation, review, approval and timely submission
of program proposals.
* Supports the review and coordinates proposal inputs with other
* Assists in the preparation Basis of Estimates when
* Prepares proposal letter and completes required RFP
* Establishes and monitors close liaison with customer
* Monitors schedules and status of programs through Excel,
Microsoft Project and other Program Management Tools.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of program plans and
budgets covering the technical, financial and schedule aspects of
* Monitors the allocation of funds necessary for performance of
approved work and (with required approvals) reallocations as
necessary due to changing conditions.
* Assists in the review of estimates of material, equipment, labor
costs, and ODC requirements to ensure completeness and
accuracy.Provides periodic Estimates To Complete to the Program
Management team to ensure financial goals are met
* Monitors work activities to ensure they are within the contract
* Recommends corrective actions when actual performance deviates or
is predicted to deviate from established program plans.
* Coordinates the Company position and serves as the primary
representative in dealing with the customer and related contractors
of program matters.
* Assures that properly coordinated and timely responses are
provided to all queries received by the Company in regards to
* Communicates program progress and problem areas to Program
managers, as well as applicable functional departments and
recommends/implements corrective action, as necessary.
* Within three years of hire will receive certification as a
Project Management Professional in accordance with Program
* Maintains personal, professional and technical image and
relationships in the associated professions, customer communities,
and within the Company.
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security
clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Associates degree or equivalent in a technical, business, or
financial discipline preferred
* 2+ year s experience in a manufacturing role with a concentration
in the electronics / communications industry supporting U.S., DOD
and foreign military governments preferred
* Completion of PMP program during employment will be required
after at least 3 years in PM position
* Interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
* Professional communication skills, both verbal and written;
strong detail orientation.
* Willingness to work in and contribute to team building
* Knowledge of people management skills, particularly influence
management and conflict resolution.
* Willing to understand, track, drill-down, and question activities
and issues in all functional areas and make sound business
decisions based upon that data.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Herley is an industry leader in the design, manufacture and support
of advanced integrated RF subsystems and components for high
performance Electronic Warfare, Radar and Communications systems
and flight test and instrumentation systems and subsystems.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security,
energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a
portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly
differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic,
mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical
environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements
of 41 CFR 60 1.4(a), 60 300.5(a) and 60 741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations
require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take
affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application
process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: ultra electronics herley, Lancaster , Associate Program Manager, Executive , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!