Posted on: September 13, 2019
JOB OVERVIEW: Manage the operations of the hotel to maximize
profitability, ensure superior service and product quality, and
drive brand and value initiatives, hotel performance, and the
development of people. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel. Plan
and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work.
Comply with and advise staff of formal policies and procedures,
identify options and resolve issues.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other
staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company
rules and policies. Alert Regional Operations of potentially
- Meet or exceed Gross Operating Profit (GOP) and flow through
goals. Maximize room revenues and achieve Revenue Growth Index
(RGI) and Revenue Per Available Room goals.
- Develop and monitor the performance of financial and
operational plans/budgets and sales and marketing plans for the
hotel which support the overall objectives of the corporation.
Control labor and expenses in all areas of operations. Generate
well written commentary and correct departmental control
- Generate and execute the Capital Expenditure Plans for capital
improvements to enhance the assets of the company and brand
- Achieve and maintain Overall Satisfaction Score (OSS) goals.
Oversee the guest service function to ensure guest complaints are
resolved appropriately and that appropriate service recovery
gestures are made in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Provide a consistent breakfast offering and guest reception for
guests in accordance with brand standards.
- Achieve satisfactory results on internal audits and Controls
Self Assessment (CSA). Manage aging of receivables to ensure bad
debt expense is at a minimum.
- Ensure that product quality standards are met in all areas of
the hotel as it relates to the appearance, levels of maintenance
and cleanliness; establish and maintain preventative maintenance
programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel. Achieve
productivity and quality goals.
- Actively promote employee participation in the Employee
Satisfaction Pulse Survey (ESPS). Achieve established ESPS goals.
Ensure the development and implementation of programs and events
that foster a positive work environment, e.g., New Employee
Orientation, employee recognition programs, harassment-free
workplace training, etc.
- Establish performance goals for employees and provide regular
feedback. Develop a succession plan to ensure adequate future bench
strength. Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools
and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and
hotel assets. Achieve established Workers Compensation and safety
compliance goals. Comply with all standards and inspection
- Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to
ensure a visible presence in the local community.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with all departments, regional
contacts, and corporate office.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests to ensure their total satisfaction
- Owners and/or Principals regarding operational updates and
- Vendors to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment,
to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor
performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies regarding safety and compliance
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community
groups, local media)
- Perform other duties as assigned. ACCOUNTABILITY: Top level
position in a small to mid-sized limited service or extended-stay
single site hotel with a limited range of facilities and modern
buildings. Competes with major hotel chains. Typically responsible
for hotel revenues of less than 15 million. Qualifications and
Requirements: Bachelors degree in Hotel Administration, Business
Administration or equivalent, plus four to six years of general
management experience in a high level operations role or some prior
general management experience, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience. Type and level of experience required may
vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation. Must speak
fluent English. Other languages preferred. This job requires
ability to perform the following:
- Standing and moving about the facilities
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products, and equipment
- Hotel/IHG experience Other:
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time
when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with
guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the
hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when
completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results,
giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Keywords: Confidential, Lancaster , General Manager, Executive , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!