National Accounts Manager
Company: NUTRAMAX LABORATORIES GROUP
Posted on: May 27, 2023
SC1-L - Lancaster, SC
National Account Manager
Summary of the Position:
Sells to multiple channels, key accounts, and direct headquarter
accounts. Works with all levels of distribution to create the best
possible environment for Nutramax at all accounts. Creates account
objectives and presents to management, plans sales cycles, creates
sales presentations, and forecasts all items by account, plans
Co-Op activities and expense, reconciles all account level
spending, achieves sales and spend targets to maximize company
profitability. Builds relationships with account personnel
including Category Management, Merchandising, Accounting,
Marketing, Operations, Logistics and Finance at all levels of
distribution. Successful Account Managers will; collaborate with
marketing teams to achieve sales objectives, share best practices
with team members, overcome objections, and stay up to date on
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Retail Account Management: Demonstrate ability to drive sales
results while providing best in class customer service
- Analyze and update product forecast monthly, focusing on
- Develop new item proposals and/or promotional programs to
achieve assigned plan.
- Partner with Sales Management for approval of new item
introductions and incremental promotions.
- Create and present customer communication, presentations and
- Plan all account calls and business reviews with Sales
Management prior to all meetings as appropriate.
- Prepare call recap documents for Sales Management for customer
- Collaborate with functionary teams, Marketing, Accounting,
Manufacturing, Planning, Shipping, Research & Development and
Customer Service to provide one voice to the customer.
- Gain customer approval for company in-store activation (Monthly
specials, IRC, Displays, Signs, etc.)
- Communicate changes to NMX policy, discontinued items, pricing
actions, recalls/product quality issues to customer.
- Utilize time in market to ensure proper placement of products
and gather competitive intelligence.
- Work with internal marketing team to ensure product information
is up to date on customers internet platforms.
- Manage Nutramax Laboratories product sales: Utilize Nielsen
data, product, category, customer and consumer data monthly to
identify sales opportunities and to prepare selling presentations
- Manage new product launch: item specifications and pricing
levels in multiple channels.
- Expand distribution of Nutramax Laboratories products with
- Segment business by Pet and Human to evaluate each
- Review data for customer/promotional performance to help guide
and plan business.
- Business Planning/Financial accountability: Conduct sales
analytics using available insights (Nielsen, POS) to provide
solutions to customer needs
- Align customer strategies with Nutramax Laboratories' strategic
plan to build a collaborative business plan.
- Monitor trade activity execution and address areas of concern
with each account.
- Complete ongoing general business analytics and evaluate risks,
opportunities & threats.
- Evaluate customer specific reports utilizing Nielsen / IRI
reports if applicable.
- Submit and reconcile up to date Co-Op and allowance expenses
following related processes.
- Mange Co-Op spending to level established for annual
- Create and update monthly forecasts for account product needs
and communicate extraordinary product needs to Planning.
- Manage all accounts; promotional spending, sales growth,
returns and profitability to annual budget.
- Relationship Management within internal matrix organization:
Work in conjunction with Planning, Marketing and Broker Sales force
to communicate sales priorities (new items/ POGs) to customers
- Deliver well thought out, concise and complete communications
to all internal and external partners.
- Communicate to other sales personnel and functions within
Nutramax Laboratories as needed.
- Share customer insights with Marketing and Sales teams.
- Share best practices with Sales team.
- Communicate O/I promotions and new account pricing to Customer
Service and Data Management.
- Additional Responsibility
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the
organization and function within a team environment.
- Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of sales
experience with CPG Retailers.
- Excel in interpersonal communication.
- Strong understanding of financial numbers and ability to
analyze data to perform job adequately.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work
collaboratively with other departments at all levels in the
- Ability to follow up on leads and contacts in person, via phone
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer
applications required (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication, and
- Ability to follow up on leads and contacts via phone and/or
- Travel up to 50%.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience.
Keywords: NUTRAMAX LABORATORIES GROUP, Lancaster , National Accounts Manager, Executive , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...