Director - HIM
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Rebound Behavioral Health
134 East Rebound Rd
Lancaster, SC 29720, USA
- Maintain department productivity, quality and efficiency for
all processes within the department.
- Responsible for information governance to ensure facility-wide
health data integrity, privacy, and security.
- Implement processes and systems to support accurate and
complete medical record documentation.
- Oversee and assist with data collection, storage, retrieval,
assembly, analysis, filing and retention of medical
- Prepare and analyze clinical data for research purposes,
process improvement, utilization management, mandatory reporting,
- Provide staff management to including hiring, development,
training, performance management and communication to ensure
effective and efficient department operation.
- Work with physicians to improve the quality of
- Work with coding staff to ensure accurate coding for
reimbursement and clinical care.
- Oversee data collection, storage, retrieval, filing and
retention of medical records/data.
- Audit records and data for accuracy, compliance and timeliness.
Review results with administration, medical, nursing and clinical
- Ensure documentation is filed in the medical records in an
accurate and timely manner and ensure that the medical record is
complete (including signatures) and closed within facility
- Interface with inside/outside legal counsel regarding content
of medical records.
- Work as liaison between facility and transcription vendor to
ensure high quality, accurate, complete and timeliness of
- Ensure HIM Key Indicators are tracked and reported monthly to
the Performance Improvement Committee.
- Ensure State Reporting is accurate, complete and reported
- May oversee and/or complete coding according to current ICD
and/or CPT coding classifications.
- May serve as the facility Privacy Officer.OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other functions and tasks as
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
with specialization in health information administration preferred.
- Four or more years' experience managing/supervising a medical
record department required.
- Two or more years' of behavioral health experience
- Working knowledge in ICD-10-PCS and DSM IV coding systems
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) required or
ability to obtain within six months of hire date.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
preferred.QualificationsSkillsPreferred Leadership Advanced
Computer - Excel Advanced Attention to Detail Advanced
BehaviorsRequiredLeader: Inspires teammates to follow them Detail
Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details
necessary to get the task done well EducationRequiredBachelors or
better in Technology or related field.Licenses &
CertificationsRequiredCert CoderEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Lancaster , Director - HIM, Executive , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...