Manager - Fleet Operations (Penske Logistics)
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Manager - Fleet Operations (Penske Logistics)(Job Number:
The Manager, Fleet Operation is responsible for the fleet analysis
and planning processes and providing direction to field leadership
regarding asset and life-cycle management. This position is
responsible for fleet strategy and optimization (tractor, truck,
and trailer), as well as policy and procedures. This role provides
metrics and score cards for fuel and asset management cost
Other functions include working with third party vendors,
understanding and defining vehicle specifications, basic contract
knowledge of terms/conditions and rates. Understanding risk and
liabilities as it pertains to terms and conditions of vehicle
leases and contracts.
On an ongoing basis, provide cost management expertise to
continually drive costs out of the operations and improve
profitability along with managing equipment disposal strategies to
maximize gain on sale.
- Manage and direct fleet strategy, sourcing and deployment of
- Maintain centralized view of fleet activities from all sources
(3rd party, Penske leased, owned)
- During new customer launches, lead development of equipment
strategy, planning and implementation and start-up. This includes
determining what equipment is needed, how to best meet the
customers needs, and short-term/long-term strategy
- Work with PTL and all third party vendors to manage
expenses/cost mitigation. Ensure billing is accurate and in
accordance with terms of vendor contracts.
- Regularly schedule and attend Fleet reviews, provide direction
on specific opportunities and activities to improve fleet
efficiencies and reduce costs. Review rated vs actual miles,
perform fuel cost review, and determine where to buy fuel
- Review Cost of Insurance and Accident Damage to minimize
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the Director - Fleet
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- 3 years Fleet Operations Experience required with experience
leading teams and managing processes required
- Strong understanding of fleet operations
- Fleet analysis experience preferred
- Understanding of supply chain principles, sourcing, and
- Finance knowledge - intermediate
- Project management - intermediate
- Computer skills (Microsoft) - advanced
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Advanced fleet/equipment knowledge
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team building and collaboration skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe,
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning, and
execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management.
Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Lancaster , Manager - Fleet Operations (Penske Logistics), Executive , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!