Manager, PBMC Network
Company: EUROFINS SCIENT.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company,
providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients
across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer,
healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water
you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the
biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply
are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical
and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research
Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in
certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery
pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the
support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global
presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations.
The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly
specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in
Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and
entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries.
Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to
evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin,
traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 5.4 billion, and
has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past
The Manager, PBMC Network manages PBMC project managers while
managing departmental interactions with Scientific Affairs,
Referral Laboratories, Sponsor Contacts, Laboratory Operations, Kit
Packing, and Project Set-Up Managers and Proposal Development to
establish and maintain global PBMC isolation capabilities. The
individual organizes and oversees all PBMC Laboratory Management
activities and may also act as a sponsor point of contact for
on-going studies, exchange information with relevant stakeholders
(internal/external), monitor technical performance, and document
existing or needed capabilities. A key focus of this role is
implementation of standardized processes and management of the PBMC
network team to such standards.
* Develops goals and objectives, establishes and implements
policies and procedures for department operation. Reviews
department performance, changes as needed to improve quality of
services and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirement.
* Oversees all aspects of workforce management including but not
limited to: recruitment, retention, staff development, performance
management and succession planning. Responsible for overseeing the
development of training/orientation and overall department staff
* Develops and maintains job descriptions and standards of
performance for all staff members. Assures competencies of all
staff. Resolves staff grievances.
* Assists in development of and manages the departmental operating
budget and ensures that the department operates within allocated
funds and/or the strategic realities of the corporate
* Ensures the delivery of quality PBMC Network services for various
clients considering varying strategic endpoints, agreed turnaround
times, and adherence to best practice as well as ECL Standards.
Sets standards for product and service delivery for operation and
ensures broader organization is trained in said standards.
* Excellent understanding of clinical trial project management
* Evaluates PBMC Network functions, practices, reporting mechanisms
and record keeping. Interacts regularly with project management,
business development, and other external departments regarding PBMC
network improvements, new commercial opportunities, issues, and
* Establish and maintain performance metrics to optimize
performance related to; Quality, Productivity & Efficiency, and
* Create and sustain a culture for operational excellence by
engaging process improvement thinking, tools, and processes to
create value, reduce waste, and implement standard work.
* Owns and manages PBMC Network capacity planning, expansion, and
* Ability to discuss operational concepts with external clients and
* Ability to map out workflows both informally and via SOPs for
* Manages and oversees team interaction with referral lab to meet
required time frames and continuously expand the ECL PBMC
* Establishes PBMC processing specification sheets for newly
awarded studies whilst bringing standardization to the product and
service offerings of ECL PBMC Network
* Negotiates preferred pricing for large volume critical global
reagents with preferred vendors
* Works with finance to establish controlled and auditable invoice
process as needed to ensure accurate pricing and reconciliation
between results provided and costs to Eurofins Central lab.
* Acts as a point of escalation with sponsors to ensure that the
study is on course and sponsor is aware of all risks, actions, and
* Ensure that participating referral labs conform to QA
requirements for scheduled activities.
* High customer service orientation with a sense of urgency and
* Ability to travel up to 10% to address training needs, technical
resolutions, or investigator meetings.
* Bachelor of Science in a related field (or equivalent degree in
* 5+ years clinical trial project management experience
* Experience in clinical trial PBMC applications and/or mammalian
cell culture preferred
* Proficient supervisory and management skills, directing and
managing the work of laboratory professionals, including
determination of work priorities, auditing work quality, orienting
and training, evaluating and discipline of staff.
* Ability to read and/or draft technical reports and summarize
* Strong Verbal and written Communications Skills
* Fluent in English
* Able to work in a fast paced, mixed office and lab
* Strong Customer Service Skills
* Proven Computer Skills (Microsoft Office) and working knowledge
of Lab Information Systems
* Work accurately and have a strong analytical ability
* Excellent organizational skills
* Proven Analytical Skills
* Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30 pm
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: EUROFINS SCIENT., Lancaster , Manager, PBMC Network, Executive , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!