Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: Treehouse Foods
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Employee Type:Full timeLocation:PA LancasterJob Type:Supply
Chain Continuous ImprovementJob Posting Title:Continuous
Improvement ManagerJob Description: Position Summary: Serves as a
leadership partner to implement/sustain the TreeHouse Management
Operating Structure (TMOS). Leads projects to review supply chain
processes and related areas by applying advanced continuous
improvement principles and practices to improve products, quality,
efficiency, financials, operations, and related areas.
Responsibilities may include participating with management to
prioritize project initiation, developing project objectives,
facilitating teams, leading the implementation of project results
and tracking project results. Scope of Responsibilities:
- Incumbent position reporting to Plant Manager responsibilities
are limited to a site or multiple sites within a particular
- Incumbent position reporting to Director, Continuous
Improvement responsibilities expand across all division and
manufacturing sites. Position Responsibilities:
- Serves as a both tactical and strategic partner with the site
leadership team and process owners to implement/sustain the
TreeHouse Management Operating Structure and ensure standard
manufacturing processes are in place.
- Monitors and supports key metrics and KPIs for overall supply
chain performance and process effectiveness within the site.
Supports/coaches KPI owners in completion of gap analyses,
identification and implementation of corrective actions, and
assessment to ensure that gap is closed
- Serves as a strategic partner with the division continuous
improvement leader to maintain alignment and compliance with the
TreeHouse continuous improvement strategy and division/enterprise
- Leads a portfolio of projects and team(s) in the review and
analysis of moderate to large supply chain processes to ensure
efficient and effective operations.
- Identifies supply chain process requirements, improvement
opportunities and best practices for site, ensuring alignment with
TreeHouse Management Operating Structure. Leads replication
activities for the site.
- Participates with management to leverage site data to
prioritize projects, define project requirements, scope, resources,
team members, tasks, and project owners.
- Acts as the primary owner for identifying the need for
change/improvement and plays is point person for managing business
process change for the site on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as a culture change agent by leveraging influential
authority with employees and stakeholders to accelerate program
deliverables that may cross geographic and/or functional
boundaries. Models behavior expected of leaders in the TreeHouse
Management Operating Structure.
- Leads meetings to review and examine project completion,
obstacles, problem resolution, timelines, recommendations, and
conclusions. Issues summary reports on regular basis.
- Leads or performs analyses that involve the application of
advanced continuous improvement principles and practices, such as
reviewing the flow of product or information, analyzing
quantitative and qualitative data, preparing findings, and
developing recommendations and conclusions.
- Partners with site management and process owners to implement
new processes or guidelines, determine improvements, identify and
track savings, develop reports, and receive approval when
- Assists with training and coaching others to build
organizational self-sufficiency with continuous improvement methods
- Provide support as necessary to other TreeHouse facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications and
- Strong situational leadership skills to influence all levels of
the organization within the plant location.
- Capable of building strong relationships with Operations
leaders in order to effect change.
- High level of credibility and influence among hourly associates
- Must have a bias for action and a track record of delivering
- Self-starter to lead change and make independent and informed
- Personal traits--progressive, adaptable, flexible, high-energy,
mature, strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills to
assess needs, understanding issues, and identify improvement
- Able to become the Continuous Improvement go-to person for the
site and build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Able to design, develop, and deploy improvement strategies that
support TreeHouse , divisional, and site strategic objectives.
- Able to become the subject matter expert for supply chain
processes for the site and continuously create the future
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to
represent site continuous improvement activities.
- Strong PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook), and other applicable applications such as
Microsoft Project, Minitab, etc..
- Minimum 2 years plant based manufacturing experience, previous
project management experience and continuous improvement skills
- Ability to relocate preferred. Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required - Type: Operations, Engineering, Management or related
field. TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1
Keywords: Treehouse Foods, Lancaster , Continuous Improvement Manager, Executive , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!