RF Design Engineer, Lancaster
Company: ultra electronics herley
Posted on: May 19, 2019
POSITION: RF Design Engineer, Lancaster
JOB ID: 200
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Job Title: RF Design Engineer
Location: Lancaster, PA
The RF Engineer will lead the analysis and design efforts for RF
Systems associated with UAVs, Radars, Antenna, Telemetry, and EW
and Communication Systems. Performs detailed design of RF
subsystems and subassemblies for complex electronics DoD systems
and applications, and provide RF Design expertise in support of
specification reviews, design reviews, modeling and simulations and
system integration and test.
* Define System Architectures to meet requirements.
* Perform System Analysis using Microwave Office, CST Studio Suite,
Matlab or other simulation/analysis tools.
* Provide technical studies, review plans, evaluate state of the
infrastructure in order to field, and integrate new systems and/or
equipment within proposed timelines.
* Analysis, generation of complex waveform modulation.
* Perform analysis of antenna patterns and propagation.
* Research and coordinate technical issues and requirements.
* Perform detailed design to support development effort
* Provide technical analyses and draft reports of system tests,
assessments, and architectures.
* Define requirements, write procedures and analyze data.
* Work with staff, and using designated enterprise tools, assist in
documenting and managing architecture and technical design
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
* Have a proficiency in RF modeling and simulation tools and
* Have experience (work or school) in the test of RF assembly and
module hardware and working knowledge in the test equipment and
techniques used including Pulse Power Meters, Signal Generators,
Spectrum and Vector
* Have demonstrated proficiency (work or school) in RF Printed
circuit board design.
* Possess the knowledge of the techniques and process for
performing layout and assembly of RF PCBs, and have the ability to
guide the layout and assembly processes to ensure design
* Possesses or has the ability to maintain an active secret level
DoD issued security clearance.
* Strong written and oral communications.
* Self-motivated and directed.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
* Strong customer-service orientation.
* Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to
* Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building
* Be comfortable in a multi-tasking environment
Please be aware that this position requires a security clearance,
or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be
granted to U.S. citizens.
Herley is an industry leader in the design, manufacture and support
of advanced integrated RF subsystems and components for high
performance Electronic Warfare, Radar and Communications systems
and flight test and instrumentation systems and subsystems.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security,
energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a
portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly
differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic,
mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical
environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements
of 41 CFR 60 1.4(a), 60 300.5(a) and 60 741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations
require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take
affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application
process, please email email@example.com.
Keywords: ultra electronics herley, Lancaster , RF Design Engineer, Lancaster, Engineering , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!