EMS Electrical Technician
Location: New Holland
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Description With over 150 years of experience, CoolSys is the
market-leading indoor environment solutions company. Our full
spectrum of best-in-class services includes HVAC & refrigeration
installations, remodels, service & maintenance; and energy
solutions, including controls and lighting. CoolSys serves
customers in the retail, commercial, food service, educational,
healthcare, and industrial markets. Headquartered in Southern
California, CoolSys has more than 2,000 highly trained, field-based
service and installation experts, serving more than 45,000 customer
locations across North America daily. WHAT WE OFFER
We are a large company serving many unique customers - because of
this, we provide job stability and long-term opportunity for career
growth. We invest in our technicians by offering:
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Exposure to a Large Variety of Projects
- Industry-leading Benefit Packages
- Advanced support and tools designed to improve your
- Pay from $25.00 - $35.00/hour WHY JOIN US
We understand that hiring great people in the field is the
foundation of everything we do. Our employee benefits packages
- Competitive pay including a quarterly bonus plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(K) match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid online training and state-of-the-art training facility to
invest in YOUR career growth
- Opportunities available nationwide
- Employee discounts on vehicles, hotels, theme parks, select
cell phone bills and so much more
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Plan, and ID Theft Protection Refrigeration Start-up
Technicians are responsible for start-up of supermarket
refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment to ensure customer
needs are met efficiently, accurately and on-time as well as
assists with Energy Optimization (EO) projects. The ideal candidate
should know advanced solid state controls; oil systems safety
controls; mechanical sub-cooling; introduction to head pressure
controls for energy reduction; introduction to energy management
systems (EMS); refrigeration rack oil systems; advanced de-frost
diagnosis; and single and parallel compressor system start-up in a
supermarket environment. Technician must carry the skillset up of a
Journeyman level which includes construction experience in
performing installation of refrigeration systems including
electrical, plumbing and fixtures. Technician will function as the
subject matter expert for process, procedures, and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs evacuations of parallel racks after verifying pressure
- Performs all EMS wiring and programming for all manufactures of
- Performs full start-up of new parallel refrigeration systems
and individual systems.
- Leads small projects such as single case and condenser change
- Assists with EO projects which would include
retro-commissioning of supermarkets for system performance or
utility programs, EMS upgrades, leak detection upgrades, gas
- Works with local branch Service and Construction Managers
between projects to assist in problematic stores, training for
junior technicians and foreman, or other areas as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Course work at an accredited vocation technical or trade
- 3+ years of supermarket EMS systems.
- EMS Certification preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in commercial refrigeration;
especially experience with parallel rack systems.
- Experience and proficient knowledge of supermarket
- EPA I and II Certification required.
- Valid Driver's License required at all times.
- Good driving record.
- Solid working knowledge of use of the Microsoft suite of
applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of refrigeration, ice machines, and electrical
- Expert knowledge of single systems, parallel racks systems,
display cases and walk-ins.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot commercial and supermarket
- Expert knowledge of EMS systems in supermarket applications for
wiring and programming (CPC, Novar, Danfoss)
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build strong
relationships with the customers, management, crew, and team.
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints on refrigeration,
electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Travel, over-night, and overtime work as needed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize your own work schedule and
the work schedules of others on short-term basis BENEFITS:
- Opportunities available NATIONWIDE!
- State of the are training facility to invest in YOUR career
- Career growth - WE promote from within!
- Industry leading healthcare package with 401(K) matching (50%
up to 8%)
- Consistent company growth with stability.
- Competitive pay.
- Yearly performance appraisals.
- Dispatched directly from home, company vehicle provided, and
Coolsys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer. Pre-employment
background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug
testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions.
The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or
local ordinance. CoolSys - Technicians from CoolSys on Vimeo .
Keywords: coolsys, Lancaster , EMS Electrical Technician, Engineering , New Holland, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!