Capital Solutions Engineer
Company: Graham Packaging Company
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Company Statement: Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview:Graham Packaging is looking for a dynamic,
solution-oriented individual to join our team as a Capital
Solutions Engineer at our York, Pa Technical Center. This role will
be a core part of the program management and capital engineering
teams at Graham, responsible for scoping new projects and selecting
the best capital equipment to help Graham win new business. The
role will also be a key contributor to maintaining and improving
Graham's equipment standards as well as updating our infrastructure
and plant layout databases.Responsibilities:Responsibilities
- Works closely with the engineering and commercial teams to
define project scopes and create cost estimates for the
manufacturing equipment needed to produce rigid plastic packaging
as part of our new business bidding process
- Create and update plant layouts as part of developing new
- Perform utility and plant infrastructure analysis to understand
what additional support equipment is needed to support the new
- Establish and improve Graham's equipment standards and
specifications to ensure our production equipment meets all of our
- Identifies opportunities for improvements to our systems,
processes and tools.
- Works closely with the Engineering and Operation teams to
recommend and justify equipment, upgrades, or/and modifications for
low cost, high efficiency, solutions.
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of plant layouts and
- Engineering Bachelor's Degree required (preferably Mechanical
Engineering or Engineering Technology) with 5 years of experience
in a manufacturing operations environment leading or owning the
- Capital project management experience.
- CAD experience with Manufacturing Layouts (AutoCAD
- Good understanding of Electrical & Mechanical systems and
- Understanding of properties of Water, air, & electricity for
the needs of production equipment.
- Experience with plastics manufacturing, preferably the design
of Plastic Bottle handling line and equipment.
- Prior experience developing project scopes and cost
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage teams and
individuals across multiple disciplines.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills: the ability to ask the right
questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective
and potentially creative solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication competencies.
- Good technical writing skills
- Excel at an Advanced level.
- Travel over 75% of the time is requiredEEO Disclaimer: Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging Company, Lancaster , Capital Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!