Behavior Technician II - Lancaster Family Based
Company: WellSpan York Hospital
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Full time (80 hours biweekly)
Weekdays, daytime hours and3 to 4 evenings a week
Openings in York County, Lancaster CountyORLebanon County
This is an opportunity tojointhe regions largest non-profit
behavioral health care organization.
See if you qualify:
- Do you have a bachelor's degree inthe field of psychology,
social work or human services andat least one yearof clinical
experience working with children and adolescents in a behavioral
- Are you available to work days and up to four evenings a
- You must travel in your own vehicle to sites within the county
area. Do you have access to your own vehicle?
- Are you able to meet a 30 minute on-call requirement to be at
the hospital Emergency Department?
- Are you able to do in-home work?
The Family Based Therapist / Allied Mental Health Professional
- Therapy/Co-therapy: individual, family and other therapeutic
interventions to children/adolescents and their families in the
home, community and school
- Case management and Community Linkage
- Crisis Management
- Family Support Services
The Family Based Therapistdoes this in conjunction with other
treatment team members, which may include persons both inside and
outside the agency involved in the treatment of the child or
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients and family members to obtain information
about home environment, family relationships, health history, and
patient's personality traits.
- Conducts individual or group therapy sessions. Assesses
patients' progress and modifies or extends treatment program
- Provides therapeutic intervention with patient and family
including individual, parental, family and group therapies.
- Documents current, accurate observations of care to the patient
in appropriate records.
- Takes primary role in coordination of care of client. Leads
- Interpersonal verbal and listening skills are required to
communicate effectively with patients and families and with other
inter-agency team members.
- Analytical skills are necessary for the collection and
assessment of psychosocial data, interpretation of these data, and
the ongoing review of treatment efficiency and effectiveness.
- Visual ability to observe patient behavior and dynamics to
prepare and review written documentation is required.
- Knowledge of and ability in the care and handling of children,
adolescents, and adults is required; including consideration of the
special needs and behaviors of each group.
- Must be able to provide own transportation from one client to
another and must have a valid Pennsylvania license to operate a
Family Based Services are delivered in the home and community at
times most convenient to the family in a manner that promotes
family cohesiveness. Services are governed by the child/adolescents
and familys need and may include:
- Provides family and individual therapy
- Referral, coordination, and linkage to other agencies, social
services, and community services, as appropriate
- Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Assistance in obtaining relief services such as babysitters,
homemakers, respite care and supportive services such as
transportation and recreation, and developing a network in order to
receive these services
- School-based consultation and intervention
- Support for the parents in implementing effective behavior
management and parenting approaches to the presenting problems of
- Psychiatric care/referral
WellSpan Health is a top-rated, integrated health system with a
focus on a high-quality patient care. As a part ofWellSpan
Health,WellSpan Philhaven, isa non-profit behavioral healthcare
organization offering a continuum of compassionate, caring services
for children, adolescents, adults and older adults in south central
Family Based Therapists feel great about their work because:
- You have the opportunity to make a difference in peoples
- You are able to help families going through a tough time in
- You are able to have opportunity to connect with people
- You arewalking beside people to create change in their
- You are heroes for children and families that otherwise would
never have known they needed a hero
Keywords: WellSpan York Hospital, Lancaster , Behavior Technician II - Lancaster Family Based, Engineering , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!