Pressure Vessel Engineer
Company: GenHydro Inc
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Mechanical Equipment Engineer
Description: Work with engineering team on system design,
engineering, and equipment sourcing. Strong understanding of high
pressure and high temperature equipment is necessary. Must have
working knowledge of ASME (Section VIII) standards. Preferred
experience in ammonia production.
Compensation Package Includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation / Sign on bonus
- Cash bonus based on milestones
- Stock Options
- Health Care
- Visa Support, if needed
- Equipment specification for HPHT (high temp high pressure)
reactors and vessels.
- Apply ASME standards and calculations for certification of all
systems and equipment
- Static equipment engineering for pressure vessels with high
temperature and high pressure
- Manage and participate in the design, engineering,
construction, and operation of targeted experimental units to
provide information required to design integrated process units for
the conversion of H2O into hydrogen and heat
- Development and operation of high temperature high pressure
continuous reactor systems, with integrated data and efficiency
- Reactor and vessel system
- Steam and utility system
- Solid/ gas, liquid/ gas and gas/gas separation system
- Mechanical equipment, control valve and
- Safety system.
- Integration of experimental results into process models used to
guide intuition of process development.
- Assure all engineering analysis and recommendations prepared
are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes,
and all regulatory requirements.
- Perform reactor engineering and technical tasks as assigned by
supervision applying reactor engineering principles.
- Support reactor engineering fleet initiatives and all reactor
- Participate in the development and implementation of effective
processes and techniques at appropriate levels of details and in
compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage experiments and project timelines with technical
- Document and report all project activities and key technical
outcomes/learnings to technical and non-technical staff.
- Equipment specifications for front end purification systems,
catalytic reactors, systems, heat exchangers, and steam
- Some travel to plant and supplier facilities may be
- Compress or ASME software equivalent
- Optional - Aspen Plus
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant field or discipline.
- B.S., M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Background in design and operation of high temperature
- Experience with high temperature and/or high-pressure chemical
conversion systems operations or modelling.
- Hands-on operation and construction of generic lab equipment
(i.e. furnaces, mass flow controllers, Swagelok fittings)
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, handle delicate
parts and equipment, and work with hazardous materials.
- Some experience or understanding of in-situ and ex-situ lab
analytics (i.e. GC, MS, SEM) preferred.
- Experience in heat exchange and steam systems - major plus
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- Prior reactor engineering experience
Process Safety Engineering:
- Assist with preparation and execution of plant Hazard
- Evaluate Plant Equipment Safety
- Assist with assuring compliance with local Safety Regulatory
- Help develop safety solutions for our projects
- Identify and manage equipment technical risk items
- Perform Root Cause and participate in accident
- Participate and help plan field-commissioning activities
including Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI), Plant Start-up
and assist with the development and implementation of reliability
GenHydro Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and
employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: GenHydro Inc, Lancaster , Pressure Vessel Engineer, Engineering , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!