Downstream Process Support Engineer
Company: Graham Packaging Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Statement: Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview:Working throughout Graham Packaging North America, the
Downstream Process Support Engineer will work with the Central
Engineering and Plant Operations team of each plant to drive
standardization and improvement within the areas of Post Molding
Applications such as trimmers, labelers, inspection equipment,
palletizers, case packers, case formers, case partition inserters,
robotics and other automatic packaging equipment.
This position reports to the Senior Process Engineering Manager,
One Step and Downstream.Responsibilities:Duties and
Responsible for working in a safe manner at all times with
additional focus on mentoring of others.
- Responsible for providing training and coaching to plant
personnel on proper set-up, operation and maintenance of
- Hands on mechanical installation/upgrades to equipment.
- Identify and correct defects of downstream mechanical
- Hand on engineering and deployment of Post Molding Process
- Operate and conduct activities in team environments.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Document issues and create action plans to solve issues in a
short term and long-term manner.
- Participate in Standardization efforts across the vertical
- Train in one on one and group environments, both on the floor
and in the classroom.
- File weekly reports on engineering charge hours, travel and
expenses.Must be able to work in a safe manner and follow company
policy and procedures.Must be relied upon to follow annual work
schedules and work with team and manager when conflicts occur.Must
be able to use analytical thinking and trouble shooting skills to
solve straight forward technical problems. Ability to use or learn
problem solving methodology such as 8D, six sigma or other industry
standards.Must be able to motivate individuals and or teams of
hourly and salary personnel as part of the day-to-day job
Must have a functional understanding of:
- Industrial Safety Practices, including Lock Out Tag Out, Energy
Control and Electrical Safety
- Technical writing, including field reports, technical
assessments, machine audits and engineering change bulletins, one
- Good understanding and use of standard software packages,
including: MS Word, MS Excel and MS
BS or AAS In Electrical Engineering is ideal.8 + years' experience
as a service technician, controls engineer, project manager, plant
engineer or equivalentPreferred Skills
- Strong ability to build personal relationships.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Excellent team player - able to motivate others to support own
- Strong ability to multi-task and be diligent on follow up.All
candidates must have excellent understanding of industrial safety
policies and practicesPrior work experience with any of the follow
- Minimum 3 -5 years of experience improving processes with
automatic post molding systems: trimmers, labelers, inspection
equipment, palletizers, case packers, case formers, case partition
inserters, robotics and other automatic packaging equipment.
- Prior experience with PLCs a plus- Siemens, Allen Bradley,
Beckhoff and B&R and Servo Control Systems.
- Full life cycle implementation experienceWorking knowledge of
analytical tools associated with statistics & quality
systemsAbility to write technical documents and create step by step
instruction sets for operation
Desired Areas of Knowledge/Experience
- Have a working knowledge of high speed packaging equipment
- Have a working knowledge of the major Post Molding packaging
- Have a working knowledge of Zecchetti, OMS, and Schneider
- Have a working knowledge of Autotec, Lectro, Lyle, Maer,
Mueller and Uniloy trimming systems.
- Have the ability to work in a remote capability 7 days a week
for plant support.
- Experience participating in equipment installations as project
- Experience in building/re-purposing of automatic trimming and
packaging systems as needed to fit specific plant needed
applications utilizing both new and existing hardware and software
from different vendors.
- Experience in creating technical work instructions for
This job will entail up to 75% travel.Must be able to travel
internationally as needed
#LI-JR1EEO Disclaimer: Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national
origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or
expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging Company, Lancaster , Downstream Process Support Engineer, Engineering , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!