Company: Ultra Intelligence & Communications, Herley
Posted on: November 19, 2020
POSITION: Product Engineer
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
JOB ID: 375
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Under direction of the Engineering Manager, oversees and executes
engineering support activities related to new product introduction
and factory integration. Also develops manufacturing and test
improvement plans for existing product lines.
* Provide early manufacturing involvement to ensure new products
are manufacturable. Activities include driving out costs in design
and manufacturing tooling, as well as influencing designs to
improve manufacturing efficiency.
* Design, procure, and improve new and existing test equipment
necessary to meet reliability, regulatory, and customer
* Interfaces with planning and design staffs concerning product
design and tooling to assure efficient production methods and
* Reports to management regarding manufacturing and test
capacities, production schedules, and manufacturing/production
* Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring
* Provides interface between Manufacturing, Engineering, other
departments and the customer.
* Works closely with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality
Assurance to ensure design and product integrity.
* Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing
requirements and potential.
* Performs other manufacturing support tasks, as required.
* Maintains and improves technical skills through formal courses,
study of technical literature and attendance at technical
* 3+ years of manufacturing and/or design experience in
electronics, including Design For Manufacturing (DFM) New Product
Introduction (NPI) and Production Readiness Review (PRR) project
* Bachelor s degree in engineering discipline from an accredited
college or university OR High school diploma with military/industry
technical school and 9+ years of manufacturing experience
acceptable in lieu of degree.
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security
clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Proficiency with CAD software and generation of engineering
drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
* Experience with RF and microwave test equipment such as spectrum
analyzers, network analyzers, power meters, and oscilloscopes; and
digital/data acquisition test equipment such as logic analyzers is
* Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
* Current Secret clearance
* Electrical Engineering degree
Ultra specialises in providing application-engineered bespoke
solutions. We focus on our customers mission critical and
intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection &
control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on
many of the world s long-term military programmes. We employ over
4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock
Exchange. Ultra operates mainly as a Tier 3 (sub-system) and
occasionally a Tier 2 systems provider, in the Maritime, C3
(Communications, Command and Control) and Cyber, military and
commercial aerospace, nuclear and industrial sensors markets. We
use both research and development, to provide innovative, mission
specific bespoke technological solutions to our customer s most
complex problems. Learn more by visiting our website:
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS
OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS
PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON
THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS
BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AND FOR INQUIRING ABOUT,
DISCUSSING OR DISCLOSING COMPENSATION. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS
REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS
WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation
for any part of the application process, please email
Keywords: Ultra Intelligence & Communications, Herley, Lancaster , Product Engineer, Engineering , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!