Company: Ultra Intelligence & Communications, Herley
Posted on: May 16, 2020
POSITION: Engineering Technician
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
JOB ID: 330
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Under the direction of an engineer or senior technician, provides
technical support on engineering projects relating to design, test,
repair, fabrication, assembly, production, installation and test of
electronic hardware and systems.
* Provides technical support on engineering projects as required by
engineers or senior technicians.
* Performs assembly and fabrication of assemblies as directed by
engineers or senior technicians.
* Makes test on hardware, systems and subsystems using standard and
special test apparatus; read/utilizes schematics, wiring diagrams,
test manuals, test procedures, and performance specifications to
* Collects test data in accordance with test specifications.
* Constructs prototype models from engineering diagrams and
* Prepares test procedures, schematics, parts lists and bills of
material, as required by the engineer.
* Assist on proposals with pricing or estimating test hours.
* Works closely with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance
* Maintains/demonstrates proper use and care of assigned tools and
* Travels to field locations to assist in installation and test of
equipment and systems.
* Performs additional technician s tasks, as assigned.
* Maintains and improves technical skills through formal courses
study of technical literature and attendance at technical
* Adheres to Ultra Electronics Code of Conduct and Business Ethics
* Perform other related duties as required.
* 3+ years electronic technician experience.
* High school diploma
* Technical school training in electronics
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security
clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Associates Degree
* Electronics Systems experience
* Willing to work and cooperate with others to complete as assigned
* Shop Floor environment / shared workbench or workstation.
* Willing to perform repetitive motion (rotating wrists,
keyboarding, using small/large tools).
* Willing to lift up to 25 pounds.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
* The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands
and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and speak or listen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has
excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties
and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements
and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The
requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, or abilities.
Herley is an industry leader in the design, manufacture and support
of advanced integrated RF subsystems and components for high
performance Electronic Warfare, Radar and Communications systems
and flight test and instrumentation systems and subsystems.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security,
energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a
portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly
differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic,
mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical
environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS
OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS
PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON
THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS
BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AND FOR INQUIRING ABOUT,
DISCUSSING OR DISCLOSING COMPENSATION. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS
REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS
WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation
for any part of the application process, please email
Keywords: Ultra Intelligence & Communications, Herley, Lancaster , Engineering Technician, Engineering , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!