Agency Marketing Director
Posted on: September 17, 2022
The Agency Marketing Director (AMD) will focus on growing FARM's
brand awareness and driving inbound leads to our Pitch Team. More
specifically, the AMD is a vital member of the agency's Growth
Strategy Team, working to set and accomplish new business goals.
The AMD will also own the development of the strategic marketing
plan and will be responsible for leading campaigns from discovery
through deployment for all agency marketing initiatives.About the
Role: You know the story about the shoemaker's children not having
any shoes? That's us. (The shoemaker, not those pesky kids.) It
seems we've been so busy caring for our clients, we've completely
blanked on how to make some noise about ourselves. Can you help us
with that? We're looking for someone who can hide all the shiny
objects, keep us focused, and not take "we're too busy" for an
answer. If you want to give that shoemaker metaphor one more whack,
we need, like, a Head Cobbler (bonus points if we can put that on
your business card). So --- --- if you can herd cats in a
dog-friendly office --- if you can steward a brand that would never
say "steward a brand" --- and if you really dig marketing marketing
Then, put on your bossiest pants and get this scoreboard working
- Lead and manage agency marketing team members, providing
guidance and feedback and contributing to the briefing process all
the way to campaign launch.
- Produce and lead ideation process for promotional events or
activities across key industries and targeted accounts.
- Monitor campaign progress and reporting, and drive campaign
- Help develop and drive an account-based marketing approach to
select industries and highly specialized prospect lists (shaping
our future client portfolio).
- Research potential prospects, identify key players, and
generate interest through active outreach across targeted agency
industries and markets.
- Help conduct thorough qualification work and understand
- Participate in responding to RFIs and RFPs, including
facilitating FARM Go/No Go decisions on opportunities.
- Responsible for driving the production of valuable content for
the company's online presence via agency website and social
- Oversee and manage all agency marketing materials, i.e.,
website, social, blogs, collateral, PPT and pitch decks, case
studies, proof points, etc.
- Assign and help conduct general market research to maintain a
pulse on marketing trends, key industry trends, and top
competitors' marketing activity.
- Help guide and grow marketing knowledge across the agency
(e.g., attend internal/external training, read marketing
books/articles, route periodicals, interact with client teams,
- Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects to
maximize marketing investment.
- Directly manage agency marketing coordinator and other
potential future team members with the growth of the FARM marketing
team. Essential Function:
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing plan for the
- Lead all aspects of agency marketing and campaign execution.
- Campaign work/marketing channels: content marketing, digital
advertising, direct marketing, event marketing, social, and
- Campaigns for the agency will cross key industries as well as
local and national markets.
- Evaluate campaign success and work with agency discipline leads
to optimize as needed.
- Generate inbound opportunities across various key
- Help the agency qualify and nurture leads through the sales
process by working alongside agency leadership and a select pitch
team for each vetted opportunity.
- Maintain, curate, and share agency thought leadership/case
studies/success stories via website, email/direct marketing, social
platforms, and event marketing in collaboration with agency
- Guide agency branding in collaboration with agency leadership.
- Maintain and expand professional knowledge and skills relating
to job responsibilities.
- Foster workplace environment that is consistent with the values
and visions of the agency.
- Complete daily timesheet.
- Assist with other assignments when requested or as
- And all other duties as assigned by supervisor. Job
- 7+ years of demonstrated success as a marketing leader either
in an agency setting or as a client-side marketing director.
- Deep understanding of advertising, branding, marketing
communications, and/or research is preferred. The proven ability to
lead a cross-channel team of experts is essential.
- Experience in any of the following industries is a major plus:
automotive, building products, financial services, insurance, B2B
technology, or retail.
- Existing portfolio of relationships and proven ability to build
such relationships; a healthy contact list/professional network in
any of the above industries is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter who can quickly learn
about FARM and successfully represent the agency in an articulate
- Confidence in presenting to executives of all levels, along
with strong communication and writing skills required.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational, interpersonal,
and management skills.
- Detailed, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office programs,
particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Working Environment:
- Position will involve necessary travel (overnight stays may be
required) and flexible hours to meet the needs/demands of each
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors, and
clients, communicating in person or via telephone or computer. The
employee is required to sit for long periods of time, use a
computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions. EEO:FARM does not
discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age,
national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any
other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment
opportunities and benefits.Since 1986, FARM has been helping local
and national clients grow their business through traditional and
progressive marketing and advertising. Our clients include building
products companies, retail grocers, financial institutions,
insurance organizations, and automotive SAAS companies among
others. FARM offers a competitive salary, benefits, a hybrid work
environment, and other perks-all within a company culture that's
inclusive and energetic. Visit to experience our fresh
Keywords: FARM, Lancaster , Agency Marketing Director, Advertising , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!