RN - Office Nurse-The Heart Group (40 hours/week, Day shift) - Lancaster
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: August 14, 2019
CompanyThe Heart Group Of LG HealthCost Center1410 General
CardiologySupervisory OrganizationThe Heart Group
AdministrationGradeG13Summary40 hours/week. Monday - Friday, no
weekends or holidays. must be able to work between the hours of
7:30 AM to 6 PM with possible rotation to satellite
offices.Satellite offices include: Lebanon, Norlanco, Ephrata, &
ParkesburgATTENTIONIf you are an external applicant, you may need
to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We
will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on
your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder
and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more
information, please click POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitates patient
care in an office setting by performing patient assessments,
focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions,
through patient/provider office visits, nurse visits, and telephone
triage. Collaborates with Physician and Advanced Practice Providers
(APPs) to provide patient care and assumes responsibility and
accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association
standards of nursing practice.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified
individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the
health care team in support of the care needs of the surgical
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic,
psychological, and cognitive functions, through patient/provider
office visits, nurse visits, and telephone triage. Collects and
manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or the
situation, and concisely relays medical information to physician or
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
issues.-- Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically
sensitive plan of care.
- Reviews and analyzes laboratory and diagnostic results prior to
physicians and APPs, uses critical thinking when communicating
results with providers and when discussing with patients.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates
patient care across several disciplines and among
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively
communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and
supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values
of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates and intervenes as appropriate to assure that
the plan of care is carried out, continuity of care is provided and
that established outcomes are achieved through availability and
appropriated utilization of human, material and financial
- Educates patients and family members about healthy practices,
treatment modalities, medications, non-invasive and invasive
- Facilitates invasive procedure patient education, scheduling
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of
nursing practices.-- Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and
impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing
services.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered
secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Manages rapidly changing situations following established
protocols, coordinating and accessing appropriate health team
members and resources, and documenting events.--
- Participates in process improvement activities with an emphasis
on increasing continuity in the nurse to patient relationship,
minimizing rework and redundancies; constantly seeks ways to
improve processes, increase efficiency, finds solutions to current
situations or develops new methods and procedures.
- Completes mandatory education and training that includes review
of age-specific needs, caring behaviors, and interpersonal skills
as relevant to the care of the surgical patient population.
- Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with
established evidence-based practice policies and procedures and
timely reporting of safety variances.
- Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning
activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills
- Provides supervision, including guidance, counseling and
mentoring, to targeted peers and subordinates to enhance the
learning experiences and improve the professional practice
environment within the designated work setting.
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure, issued by the PA Board of Nursing
- CPR Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Inpatient or Outpatient General and Vascular surgery
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , RN - Office Nurse-The Heart Group (40 hours/week, Day shift) - Lancaster, Administration, Clerical , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!