Med History Specialist-Med Admin(Full Time/Evening/Night)
Company: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Full time - 10 hour shift from 1500 - 0130; minimal of every 3rd
weekend rotation; 1 summer and 1 winter holiday
Responsible for accurately collecting and entering patient
medication histories into the hospital's information system for
utilization by health care professional during the hospital
HOURS: Full Time, 32 hours/week shifts from 3:00pm-1:30am, every
3rd weekend rotation, 1 summer and 1 winter holiday
LOCATION: Lancaster General Hospital
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability
(with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
- Collects a list of the patient's current home medications in
anticipation of hospital admission.
- Responsible for gathering information from various resources
(physician offices, community pharmacy, historical encounter,
extended care facility, another acute care facility) to ensure a
complete and accurate entry into the hospital's computer
- Effectively communicates with other health care professionals
to maintain appropriate patient flow and identify patient specific
needs (language barriers, educational, financial, etc).
- Accurately enters the home medication list into the hospital's
information system for utilization by the Provider responsible for
admitting the patient.
- Completes the computer entry of the home medication list in a
timely manner so it can be used as the foundation for the patient's
admission medication orders.
- Directs any unresolved issues to the Pharmacist.
- Administration of defined medications/vaccinations.
- Competency and accountability in the use of medication safety
technology (pyxis and barcode scanning for patient and medication
- Performs screening assessments for drug and alcohol, suicide,
Hep C, pneumococcal and influenza.
- Places orders (medication, lab and support services) as a
result of the screening tool.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or successful completion of General
Educational Development (GED) exam is required.
- LPN or RN licensure; or Pharmacist with vaccine licensure (such
as an immunization certification through an accredited organization
(American Pharmacists Association (APhA)).
- Must obtain 80% or higher on department administered exam on
key elements of the medication history process (administered post
- General computer skills.
- Considerable knowledge of medication names (both trade and
generic), their uses, doses, and routes of administration.
- Must be able to identify medications based on markings.
- Excellent patient interview skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with patient and
other health care professionals.
Two (2) years of previous hospital health care.
Benefits At A Glance
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following
benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings
will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any
other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by
search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid
written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed
the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and
no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or
through other means.
LGH Full Time Posted on 11/11/2022
Keywords: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Med History Specialist-Med Admin(Full Time/Evening/Night), Administration, Clerical , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!