Accounting & Billing Assistant
Company: GODFREY ADVERTISING, Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Under the general supervision of the Director of Business
Services, the Accounting & Billing Assistant provides financial,
administrative and clerical support for the agency. This position
is mainly responsible for maintaining and processing a variety of
accounts payable, accounts receivable, client billing and other
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate
Godfrey's Core Values - Drive, Fascination, Partnership,
Transparency and Community - into overall position
- Perform the day-to-day review and processing of accounts
receivable and accounts payable transactions to ensure finances are
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy and apply applicable sales
tax for multiple states.
- Print and process accounts payable checks and credit card
- Reconcile various credit cards and corresponding general ledger
accounts for accurate and timely allocation to client and internal
- Maintain accuracy of all general ledger accounts affected in
the day-to-day processing of accounts payable entries.
- Verify and process internal expense reports.
- Generate and distribute client billing worksheets, invoices and
statements based on business activity and information provided by
- Provide various reports to the account team for client budget
- Perform all front office duties, such as greeting guests,
inbound & outbound mail, ordering supplies, accepting deliveries
and overseeing any needs arising from in-person client
- Provide various updated financial reports to partners and
- Assist the Director of Business Services in month-end and
year-end reporting and financials. Other Duties
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies or roadblocks.
- Find, analyze, communicate and resolve any discrepancies
identified with the appropriate manager.
- Responsible for the safekeeping and maintenance of petty cash
drawer, including documentation and distribution of petty cash to
- Verify and generate multiple types of vendor 1099 forms.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, Experience and Capabilities
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- An Associate's Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- 5+ years of accounts payable, accounts receivable or other
related accounting experience is required.
- Prior experience working in a related position and/or office
- Prior clerical experience, which includes bookkeeping.
- Must be professional, reliable, on-time and have a strong work
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and
- Must maintain a high level of discretion when dealing with
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various tasks.
- Must have general working knowledge of bookkeeping and
accounting principles and practices.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment but
also be able to problem-solve independently.
- Able to efficiently follow detailed procedures and adhere to
state and federal operating requirements.
- Job-related proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially
Excel and Word, is required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe software.
- Familiar with automated accounting systems and accounting
- Experience with Advantage, Workfront and Workamajig is a
Keywords: GODFREY ADVERTISING, Inc., Lancaster , Accounting & Billing Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...