Company: GEC Packaging Technologies, LLC
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner
world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable
packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to
provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that
meets the demands of today's consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent
benefits program. But that's just the beginning of our story. There
are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are
just a few:
- We offer training and development opportunities so you can
advance in your career with Graham.
- We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best
safety records in the industry.
- Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce
- We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with
- Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the
sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were
honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business
Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our
products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better
product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that
when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each
other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make
sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow!
This position can be located at any of our US plants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Controller will report directly to the Operations
Finance Manager and be responsible for managing the Plant
Controllers in their assigned vertical team. They will collaborate
with the Director of Operations, Plant Managers, and Plant
Controllers in developing and executing profitable manufacturing
strategies. This position will provide proactive decision support
related to production, manufacturing costs, and working capital.
The Regional Controller will also provide ongoing visibility into
plant performance versus plan and forecast through a cadence of
daily / weekly / monthly profitability reports.
The primary duties of the Regional Controller include:
- Assist with, review, and validate forecasts and annual budgets
- Complete, review, and analyze month end financials for
- Review and validate Rest of Year forecasts.
- Complete Building Block implementation, review, and audit of
- Provide support to home plant as Controller while
simultaneously covering regional plants.
- Collaborate with Director of Ops and plants for weekly reviews
of cost control forecasts.
- Evaluate AFE/capital planning requests.
- Provide ad hoc reporting, flash reports, and as needed data to
appropriate members of Operations and Finance.
- Provide coverage for open Plant Controller positions.
- Participate in interview and selection process for open Plant
- Assist with onboarding/training of new Plant Controllers.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of time.
- May have supervisory responsibilities such as instructing
others, creating work assignments, and making hiring, terminating,
and performance recommendations.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Core Proficiencies and Skills
The Regional Controller is required to interact with other
managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the
following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements
of the position:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to communicate effectively with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability it work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others.
--- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting or finance. A
minimum of 5 years of experience in finance or accounting is also
required. Well-developed analytical skills and experience in
forecasting, budget preparation, and product costing is
--- Master's degree, CPA or a CMA is a plus, but not required.
--- Regional Controllers should have 1-3 years of supervisory or
management experience. Individuals in this role instruct other
employees in methods or procedures needed to carry out their job.
They will also make work assignments for others. Regional
Controllers will make hiring, terminating, and performance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies
and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes
submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency
and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search
agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No
fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result
of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.
Keywords: GEC Packaging Technologies, LLC, Lancaster , Regional Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!