Accounting & Finance Intern
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company,
providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients
across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer,
healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water
you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the
biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply
are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is
accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food,
environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in
agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent
market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for
genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced
material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in
Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than
900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more
than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000
analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition,
authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological
substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical
diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging
players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR --- 4.56 billion,
and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the
past 20 years.
Eurofins, Inc. National Service Center ("NSC") located in
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, is searching for an Intern to support the
Finance and Accounting department in Lancaster, PA. The internship
program will take place over during the summer 2020 (with an option
to be ongoing part-time hours throughout the school year).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an Intern, your primary responsibility will be to support
the NSC Accounting team for the US-based Eurofins companies.
- Assist with preparing accurate and timely financial management
reports including, but not limited to, internal and external
monthly financial statements, quarterly reviews, annual audits, and
- Assist with preparing general ledger entries, reconciling
general ledger accounts, and preparing and analyze financial
- Assist with creating and modifying financial reports on the
accounting financial reports software.
- Assist with coordinating month end and year-end closing
- Assist with preparing mid-year review and year-end audit work
papers and assist independent auditors during field work.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a
variety of special reports.
- Operate personal computer in an efficient and accurate manner
with the company provided software programs that include Great
Plains Accounting, Word, Excel, and others.
- Work with both inside and outside auditors in a professional
- Ensure that confidentiality regarding employees, clients, or
vendors is not disclosed to anyone except as authorized by
corporate officials or as approved in writing by the Accounting
Manager, or designate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled as a junior or graduating senior in an
undergraduate degree in Accounting;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able
to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and
non-technical skill sets (i.e. Developers, Project Managers and
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with a
courteous and professional attitude;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Experience with financial statement consolidation is
- Expertise in Microsoft Office with focus on Excel
- Authorized to work in the United States indefinitely without
restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates
currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, PA are
encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Eurofins, Lancaster , Accounting & Finance Intern, Accounting, Auditing , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!